Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Work in Progress June 2, 2010

This is an oil painting in progress after about 8 hours of work. The scene is from a walk we took on Wallace Island in British Columbia, a trail through the arbutus and fir trees along the rocky border of Princess Cove. I consider this a rough-in. My painting pals wanted me to stop and call it done after the first painting session when the whole thing was under-painted in shades of blue!

This is on a wrapped 24x30 canvas and I intend to paint a border of botanical elements, plants that would grow in this area, like salal and Oregon grape. Still need to work out those details. Will post this again as I work on it.

Thursday, tomorrow, is my weekly painting day at my friend Allene's studio. Even if I don't get much painting done during the week I can count on getting something done on Thursday. There are about 8 of us who gather there now, and her studio is about to burst at the seams! The good energy and love there is palpable. We not only paint but we support each other in joys and tribulations. I can always count on this great group of friends to lift my spirits and inspire me.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I am in the Pacific Northwest too. Glad we can connect. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas. I follow you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so..so beautiful!..great art work..

    Sanghamitra.
    http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete