Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Birthday Flowers




My birthday is May 19th, and I think this is the perfect time of year, especially when the sun is shining as it is today. Flowers are blooming and all the summer is yet to come. We are supposed to have 3 or 4 days of sun in a row now, and after a really soggy spring this is such a joy. When Chuck was in the Navy and we lived in far away places I used to tell people that when the sun comes out in western Washington we say, "Oh, look! the sun!" Maybe I scared away a few!


I need to practice flower arranging for Cyndi's wedding table decorations next year, but she very sweetly told me she will love whatever I make. I am hoping there are still tulips in bloom on May 12, 2012. I may have to plant bulbs at staggered times to make it happen.

Lisianthus, white bleeding heart, lilacs, and bells of Ireland, the arrangement on our dining table at the moment.






















No comments:

Post a Comment